BRINGING YOUR DOG TO SUDELEY COTTAGES
At Sudeley Castle we are proud to provide quality, luxury accommodation in our beautiful holiday cottages. We enjoy meeting the different needs of all our guests by offering a selection of both pet-free and pet-friendly holiday cottages. For this to work for everyone, we have a Pets Code of Conduct, which can be found below.
Five of our thirteen cottages are pet-friendly and details of these can be found on our Cottages at a Glance page. We are able to accommodate a maximum of two well-behaved dogs in each of our pet-friendly properties. Guests must let us know they are bringing their dog at the time of booking. We take a small charge of £25 per pet.
We aim to make your stay as enjoyable as possible for both our guests and their dogs, thus we provide the following:
- Maps and guides for a number of walks from your front door as well as further afield
- A list of dog-friendly pubs
- Outside bins for bagged dog waste (adjacent to entrance to the cottages)
- Stair gates (located in under-stair cupboard)
- Contact information for local vets and pet supply shops
When booking, guests are required to accept our Terms & Conditions, including the Pets Code of Conduct. This enables us to ensure we keep our cottages in excellent condition for all guests.
Pets Code of Conduct:
- We ask that your dog be kept on the lead in the courtyard.
- The surrounding fields are often used for grazing sheep and lambs. Dogs must be kept on a lead when walking through the fields if they are occupied by livestock.
- We ask that you do not allow your dog on furniture or in bedrooms. Stair gates are provided to enable you to keep your dog within the living areas. An additional cleaning fee will be incurred should there be evidence of pets having been on beds or furniture.
- If you are part of a group booking, your dog must be kept to the pet-friendly cottage it was booked into. If you wish your dog to go in and out of other cottages included in your booking, the £25 pet fee must be paid for those cottages too. This of course will mean ensuring the other cottages in your booking are also pet-friendly.
- Pets must be booked and paid for in advance. Any dogs arriving without prior arrangement will need to be accommodated elsewhere at your own cost.
- Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended in any cottage unless they are happy to rest in their own cage brought from home and are unlikely to bark and disturb other guests. A list of walks, as well as pet friendly pubs, is provided to help you plan a dog-friendly day out.
- We regret that dogs known to bark excessively are not permitted.
- Please use the tap located outside Chandos Hall to wash off muddy dogs. Pet towels are provided to dry off your dog before entering the cottage. White guest towels must not be used on pets.
- Please clean up after your pet, including whilst in the cottage gardens, the courtyard, Castle Street and the surrounding fields. Pet waste bins are located adjacent to the entrance to the cottages.
- Any damage caused by dogs to furniture, carpets, bed linen etc will incur a commensurate replacement or cleaning fee.
- Please obey the Countryside Code whilst enjoying the area with your dog. Keep your dog under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others.
- Upon departure, please leave the cottage as you would wish to find it. An additional cleaning fee will be incurred should excessive cleaning be required following your departure.